Anonymous Platypus

The not-quite-normal life of a semi-aquatic mammal

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Knit This!

I like knitting. I just wish I was better at it. or that when I went into a yarn store I didn't feel all creeped out by the crunchy granola-y girls who are knitting a car or some farm equipment. I don't even know how to knit a hat for chrissake. I tried to knit a sock. it would've been a tube top.

I think I need to take a class, but then again, see comment above about knitting shops. these people scare me. they are friendly enough, but I don't even know what questions to ask them. I just wander around and touch things. I have a feeling I scare them too.

I did, however, manage to figure out my sewing machine. Brava Platypus! I fixed 2 pairs of pants that had ripped in the crotch. And then.... that was it as I don't know what else to do with it. My mother bought some curtains that I was going to chop down to make valances, but now she can't find them (way to go mom with the organization) so that's out.

oh, and i'm broke. broker than broke. pb&j broke so I can't really afford to take a class or even buy materials for learning how to do these crafty things.

Maybe I could collect cat hair off of Spider Cat and see if I could spin it into fiber. Then all I have to do is dreadlock my hair and buy some birkenstocks...

ok, who am I kidding, I could never afford actual birkenstocks!

AP

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home