Anonymous Platypus

The not-quite-normal life of a semi-aquatic mammal

Friday, September 01, 2006

Why June Cleaver Smiles

Yesterday was the Day Off. This is a momentous occasion where I get to sleep until {gasp} 7am. Then I race around like headless chicken to complete a weeks worth of housewife chores.

This week was different. I have been reading the FlyLady site and actually trying to take some of the advice. I have been to FlyLady before, but I wasn't ready for my 1950s home-maker-make-over. now I am.

I cleaned my whole house, did three loads of laundry, deep cleaned my living room (including washing windows and vacuuming under the sofa), ran all my errands and had enough time to sit on my fat furry heiny and read a magazine, for 45 minutes.

Then mom showed up and we went mother-of-the-bride dress shopping. This could be an horrific experience since my mother is not at all mother-of-the-bride-ish and would look absolutely preposterous in one of those Bea Arhtur inspired beaded ensembles. We have been dress shopping 5 or 6 times already and she hasn't seen a single thing that didn't make her want to throw up or sell a kidney to afford.

Yesterday, we bought a dress. at a bridal shop. it was mismarked. she only paid $140. I'm so thrilled! it's hip, modern and looks fantastic. here's a pic:


Mom is not so blond. or so tall. or quite so thin, but it will be fabulous! And so much more so when the Duck's progenitor shows up wearing something like this:



Hopefully she can get some gloves to match. Possibly a hat...


Ok, this is way too much fun. Don't worry, I'll post pics of the acutal event (faces and names distorted to be more human and less semi-aquatic mammal, of course)

AP

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home