Anonymous Platypus

The not-quite-normal life of a semi-aquatic mammal

Saturday, September 02, 2006

All through the house...


Not a creature stirring. Unless you count Spider Cat who periodically races around dining room chairs without touching the floor. But right now he's either napping or eating something furry since I haven't heard a clang in a while.

I love those Saturday mornings, few and far between, where I get up, make a pot of coffee and sit in the quiet reading the paper or my email. No one is calling me to come to their house and play Bob Villa. I have no pressing engagements. The Duck is sleeping.

The quiet is soon to erupt into weekend house guests and a list of tasks to be completed before they arrive.

But for now, it's blissful

I think I'll head down to the kitchen for that second cup of coffee.

AP

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home