Anonymous Platypus

The not-quite-normal life of a semi-aquatic mammal

Monday, September 11, 2006

Monday Monday

Today is a crummy monday. today we will all replay "where were you when..." over and over. And today I am bored. I guess it's good to be bored. There are lots of people who can't manage being bored today. Today they are watching the TV or listening to the radio or standing out at a construction site listening to names being read and music being played.

But I don't feel like doing anything constructive. I just want to sit here and read blogs of other people's lives and see if they are more interesting or insightful or well-spoken than I am. Usually they are.

Plus I wish I could just be a happy grateful person. Mom and the bridesmaids threw me a shower over the weekend. It was nice. The party part was nice. Until the monster-in-laws showed up. almost 2 hours late. and expected me to serve them. Granted they had another event that morning, but really, she's the mother of the groom, you think this would take precedence. and she bought us a $40 gift. that she had tossed in a gift bag at bed bath and beyond. and it was a shellfish steamer, which I wanted, but she's jewish, and allergic to iodine... My mother's girlfriends put more thought and effort into their purchases. But I don't want to be ungrateful. Afterwards i got to listen to mom and each of the bridesmaids talk about what a horror working with the other three was. and to hear abou their money arguements... oh joy. that reminds me that I'm supposed to call one and tell her to send her check to my mother and not one of the other girls.

{sigh} I probably should've stayed in bed today. But I'm trying to bank up my sick time in case I get stuck here for longer than anticipated and wind up having to use it for maternity. Now I am up to 3 weeks. I can bank 12. Like that'll ever happen.

AP

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home