Anonymous Platypus

The not-quite-normal life of a semi-aquatic mammal

Monday, September 18, 2006

Knitting is cool

I sort of kind of kickstarted a knitting group. I am so proud. I met a girl through yahoo groups who lives nearby and we got together last thursday to stitch and bitch. and she was cool. and not granola-crunchy-knit-a-complicated-lace-top-with-matching-leggings kind of girl. yippie for me!!

Since i've noticed that I need some new friends. and some local friends at that. I am committing myself to meeting some local people and doing some more local things. I really don't want to be schlepping downtown to have fun.

I was so proud of myself for starting this up and then on Saturday I was knitting at my yard sale (wow, how cool am I) and a girl came over to chat about knitting. Did I ask her to join our new group? Of course not.

sigh. I'm trying. really, I am.

1 Comments:

  • At 9/18/2006 11:37 PM, Blogger MLFTC said…

    I am helping Kristy respond to all the knitters that have signed up for CAP!Thank you so much! We are so excited about the tremendous response! We are sure that this will be a success. If you have any questions you can e-mail at grandmotherpurl@hotmail.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home